fall 2010

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Now where did I put that debit card!!!!

Lauren wanted to cook supper Monday night for us so I sent her to the store to grab a few things. Before you say "Wasn't that sweet of her wanting to cook for her family" let me just say Dustin is in Florida for Spring Break!...hence one little girl is BORED out of her mind. She is however an AWESOME cook so whatever works! I give her my debit card and off she goes to the store. About 15 minutes after leaving I get a call. "Mommy, don't get mad BUT...I can't find your debit card anywhere!" Why was I not surprised. But since she did sound on the verge of tears I tried to remain calm and told her to dump out her purse and double check everywhere. Even go back to the car if need be and trace her steps. After a couple of minutes on the phone with her and "listening" to her shuffle around the store she finally finds it (I think buried LOOSE in the bottom of her purse).

Back to shopping.... I assume all goes smoothly as she arrives home with several bags and begins cooking supper and a GREAT supper it was! Tuesday morning as I'm rushing out the door to work I say "Lauren, I need my debit card back". She gives me that "weird" look and says "I thought I gave it to you last night." "uh...NO......! She precedes to tell me "Yes I did....it was in the plastic grocery bag that the food was in....I REMEMBER SEEING IT!"...let me just say...who does that! Does anyone out that THROW their debit card in their grocery bags? Have I mentioned she takes after her father...ok...that's another blog! We find the grocery bag ON TOP of the trash with the receipt crumbled up inside and NO DEBIT CARD.

Enough time wasted...I head out the door at the same time yelling behind me for her to look for it when she gets home from school that I HAD TO HAVE IT BACK TODAY!!! Well, let me just say my ONLY debit card is no where to be found. Knowing it would take 7-10 days to get another one and we are leaving for Chicago on FRIDAY! I'm in a little panic. With a few "polite" exchange of words (on both our parts) I am at my wits end I make her go through the garbage can when I get back home that evening. You would have thought I asked her to donate one of her kidneys to me to save my life!!! Well after finding some rubber gloves she finally went through the trash "piece by piece". No debit card!

This morning without further ado I call the bank and explain "I" lost my debit card and I need to cancel the old one and order a new one. The lady was nice and said she'd take care of it. A few minutes later she calls me back and says..."just wanted to let you know that your card was turned it at the grocery store but she had already cancelled it and I couldn't just go pick it up but I had to actually be issued another one." Did I mention it will take 7-10 days to get another card and I'm leaving for Chicago in 3 days! I haven't had a chance to tell Lauren about the card being turned in yet. I think I'll let her sweat it out until I get home tonight. I'm sure she's tearing up the house still trying to find it .....you think...NOT!

And she is going to survive living in CHICAGO on her own...can't wait to see how that one plays out!

1 comment: