fall 2010

Thursday, March 5, 2009

2 weeks since last post???

Wow! Time is flying by. Can't seem to get caught up on anything. Even blogging! I do have a small excuse though since I have been sick as a dog with the worst cold I've had in years on top of a sinus infection. Thank goodness for antibiotics and Zicam. If you haven't tried Zicam I'm telling you that stuff works.

Ok...on to more important things. My babies! Ok they aren't exactly babies anymore but you know what I mean. Logan finally got another vehicle. A beautiful white Pathfinder. It even has a sunroof! Why is it that our kids seem to drive better cars than we drive. I didn't even have a car until I was in college for 6 months because it took me that long to work and save for a down payment. Hence...CAR PAYMENT FOR THE NEXT THREE OR FOUR YEARS And then it was "just a car". And did I mention he paid CASH for it! Hence NO CAR PAYMENT.

Now for Lauren...well we had another fender bender last week. (ok maybe not all our kids drive better vehicles than ours!) I knew it wasn't good when she calls me crying into the phone "it wasn't my fault ("this time"), she came out of no where!!" I asked her if she called the police and she says "no". I ask "where are you"..."still sitting in the turning lane in the middle of the road"!!! What am I going to do with this child? Hello...911. I'm thinking is anybody hurt, how bad is the wreck, you know a million things run through your mind when you get a call like that. I immediately hung up and called the police then called her back. Luckily I was just pulling out of work so I was only 15 minutes from her. By the time I get there the police had them both off the road and she was somewhat calmed down and her crying uncontrollably into my phone was the worst of the entire incident.

How many more days now until graduation and she's possibly "out of here?"

Well, I hear they are never really "out of here" but I like saying it anyway.

Basically the car only had some white paint scratches on it and was bent in just a little and thank goodness...STILL DRIVABLE...oh yeah and no one got hurt. John shows up at the scene just before we pull off and as only a father can do says to Lauren..."well at least you have matching fenders now".

Back to Logan. Have I mentioned "I LOVE THAT CHILD!" Logan has been pretty involved this year in a club at school called FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America). They went the other day to a Regional competition and who do you think came home with a first place and a second place ribbon? Yes, that's my boy! He placed first in...get this...only Logan!..."Computer Operating Systems and Technology Concepts". I guess PlayStation and Xbox hasn't been a TOTAL lost for us over the years! If you pass Logan's room he is normally talking on his headset while playing xbox live online with someone in Europe (I kid you not!), textting on his cell phone while at the same time "monitoring" My Space on his computer carrying on several conversations at a time with that too. Talk about multi-tasking. I get a headache just walking in his room. And the temperature is at least 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the house because of all the electronic equipment he has going. Well, anyway, in a couple of weeks he is off to State Finals for FBLA and if he wins he said he could get some scholarship $$$$$ for college. Go for it BABY!

Kids...gotta love them!

No comments: